Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Net Worth Report for July 2008


Finally, I had my American Funds 401(k) rolled over to my Zecco Rollover IRA brokerage account. It took a long time because American Funds kept misspelling "Penson Financial Services" (Zecco). Also, I only received $6,048.64 of my $9,045.87 balance because I was not fully vested; I needed to be at my old job for at least six years to be 100% vested. I'm disappointed.

I sold my 56 shares of GRMN at $47.85 each in my Zecco Roth IRA. I'm up 10%. I also contributed another $2500, so I'm done contributing to this account for the year 2008.

Just a reminder, I only have one credit card, and it has a promo APR of 0.00%. So, I'm not losing money while I'm paying the minimum monthly payment. The promo APR ends on October 18, 2008. I have planned my monthly savings until then, so that I can pay off the entire balance before an APR of 9.99% starts. I've got it all worked out on a spreadsheet in Google Docs.

UPDATE: I just added the credit card that I use for my everyday purchases, which is a Chase Freedom card. I didn't include it in my net worth at first because I always pay the statement balance every month. Now, I have decided to have my net worth as accurate as possible. This explains the small increase in my liabilities.

No comments: